Job Title: Assistant Buyer
Contract: Fixed term contract, end of Dec 2018
Salary: £28k – 32k dependant on experience
Who we are
With three world-renowned brands, PSA Group sold over 3 million vehicles worldwide in 2016. The Peugeot, Citroën and DS brands have their own distinct identities and market a broad range of vehicles that meets an even broader range of customer expectations. We are an award winning manufacturer and our accolades include the all new Peugeot 3008 SUV winning Car of the Year 2017, our Grand C4 Picasso was given the title of ‘Best MPV’ in the Auto Express New Car Awards in 2016 alongside our exciting ventures for our DS brand with Virgin Racing in Formula E. With our recent acquisition of Vauxhall and Opel, PSA Group has become the second largest European car manufacturer. We have also just opened a new business unit called Free2Move-Lease which is a new powerhouse in business vehicle leasing.
The primary purpose of this position is to assist the Buyer in gathering market information and driving the necessary change within the organisation and among the suppliers to be compliant with Data Protection and Modern Slavery Regulations.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Assisting on RFQ/RFP, RFI (sourcing, brief description, hearings, cost analysis, etc.).
- Identifying new potential suppliers to user areas.
- Internal benchmarking within the brands that form the PSA Group.
- Supporting the Buyer on new initiatives to continuously improve the offer on the department.
- Input on defining the negotiation strategy and purchasing tactics to be employed on a case by case basis.
- Supplier Quality Evaluation (CQPS).
- Reporting/savings overview.
- Highlighting the Purchasing Department for stakeholders within existing portal.
- Purchase up to a certain value per single purchase order (depending on experience of the candidate).
- Assisting with any other projects and duties as required.
- Problem solving of Finance/Accounts issues.
- Contributing to the evaluation of Group investment decisions/Supplier Risk Analysis (FRR, financial checks).
- Registering suppliers into the PSA Group supplier base.
Who we look for
The ideal candidate will have strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to analyse and solve problems efficiently. This role will be an integral part of the team so the individual will need to have good negotiation and time management skills along with being a key team player. You will need to have a sound understanding of IT and basic Legal knowledge.
A career with us offers everything you would expect and more – this includes:
- Competitive Salary
- Highly Competitive Stakeholder Pension
- Generous Holiday
- Cars – Eligible for up to 2 employee cars
- Free Car Parking
- Onsite Gym
We take the development of our people seriously and we offer ongoing opportunities for continuous career development and progression within the Group.
Application deadline -Tuesday 3 April 2018